Sunday, August 29, 2010

Movie Review: Wuthering Heights (2009)

Wuthering HeightsI recently started watching this adaptation of Wuthering Heights on my iTouch Netflix app. I've been watching a little at a time. I've heard this book talked about for years but have never read it. I get mixed comments when people talk about it. Some find it depressing, some think it is a truly great read. I have added it to my to-be-read bookshelf simply because it is a classic and all classics should be read.

This adaptation of the book is a two-part made-for-TV series broadcast by PBS Masterpiece Theater. The two main characters are played by Charlotte Riley and Tom Hardy as Cathy and Heathcliff. I'm not sure how true to the storyline this movie is because I have not read the book. But so far, in what I have watched, I gotta say....its a bit dark, dreary and depressing. I do like the acting in the movie and feel it is well done. And I am anxious to see how it ends. If you are a big fan of the book, you can purchase a copy of this adaptation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails